Rawlinson Mill

DESTROYED Photograph from a painting by Margrete Barnes The mill operated until around 1966, turning out corn meal on a 30-inch mill rock. It once housed a 48-inch stone. The old mill was a turbine type, as opposed to the wheel type. Rawlinson Mill, as pictured, was built prior to 1875, by Dayton Rawlinson. It supplanted another mill, built by George DeRamus before 1850. Today there is nothing at the site on White Water Creek to tell of either mill. Even so, at an unspecified date (probably in the 1970s), the 1875 structure was placed on the Alabama Register of Landmarks and Heritage.
More Info